ADA Webinar Series: ADA, Safety and Emergency Evacuations
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
1:30 to 2:30 pm
(for GICA CCP schools only)
This webinar is part of the continuing series dedicated to issues surrounding ADA, ADAAA, and other disability laws. Each institution needs to understand the importance of knowing what laws affect a campus, if your institution in compliance with the law, and what is the plan to get the institution in compliance with the law.
This specific webinar will focus on:
- Developing or re-evaluating emergency procedures to ensure the safe evacuation of all employees.
- Developing or re-evaluating emergency procedures to ensure the safe evacuation for all students.
- Developing a comprehensive emergency evacuation plan should provide for prompt and effective assistance to individuals whose medical conditions may necessitate it.
- What questions can an employer/institution ask to help identify individuals who might need assistance because of a medical condition and whom can they share this information in the workplace?
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act affect an institution’s ability to achieve the goal of developing these emergency procedures.
Registration Deadline: Monday, August 26 at 4:00 p.m. Registration and log-in information will be sent to registrants on Monday, August 26 after 4:00 p.m.
Presenter/Facilitator: Judy Spain, J.D., CCEP
Judy currently serves as the GICA Compliance Program Consultant. She is a tenured Professor, an attorney licensed in Kentucky, Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania, and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional. She served as General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer at Eastern Kentucky University and Manhattanville College, where she developed and implemented compliance programs. Judy is the author of the first book on higher education compliance, “Higher Education Compliance: Blueprint for Success”.
6/25/2019 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: Website and Learning Resources Accessibility
8/20/2019 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: ADA, Safety, and Emergency Evacuations
8/27/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Clery Act – Training and Reporting Requirements (Prevention, Awareness, and Bystander Intervention)
9/10/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Compliance Program 101 – Compliance Matrix
10/1/2019 1:30 to 2:30 IT Security for Non-Techies
11/12/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Minors on Campus
1/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 HIPPA Compliance within a University Hybrid Entity
2/4/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Title IX – Trauma Informed Investigation and Questioning
2/25/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Policy Management
3/24/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics
4/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: Public Accommodations
4/28/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Record Retention
Upcoming In-person Trainings
10/11/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training - Berry College
10/14/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Albany, GA
10/15/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Wesleyan College
10/16/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Oglethorpe University
10/17/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Reinhardt University
10/18/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Piedmont College
3/5/2020 to 3/13/2020 TBD – Individual School Trainings (upon request)
3/11/2020 9:00 to 4:00 Reid Investigation Techniques