GICA Compliance Collaborative
Title XI - Basic Investigator Training
Monday, July 29
9:00am - 4:00pm
(for GICA CCP schools only)
GICA is hosting an in-person training created exclusively for Compliance Collaborative members. If you are unsure whether you represent a Compliance Collaborative member school, please contact Judy Spain. If there are other folks on your campus that would be interested in attending this webinar, please forward this information on to them.
Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that your institution complies with its obligations under Title IX and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA). And, your institution is legally required to provide employees involved with or responsible for the Title IX process with specialized training on an annual basis.
Join your colleagues for an in-depth training designed to satisfy annual training requirements and to provide advanced Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators with an up-to-date understanding of current compliance requirements and best practices for those who are already familiar with the basics.
This training will help attendees not only understand the legal requirements but also will help even the most experienced investigators navigate the complex issues that arise throughout the sexual misconduct process.
Topics to be covered:
- Embedding Prevention Programs into Policy and Culture
- Case Scenario
- We will be using one case to walk us through your processes
- The case will start out with the 2:00 am phone call on a Saturday night of a possible sexual misconduct and will end with the appeal process.
- Attendees MUST bring a copy of their institution’s Title IX policy since attendees will be walking through how their process actually works while discussing their processes with other attendees.
- These are the only full-day trainings on Title IX for 2019-2020. Attendees can sign up for any location.
- Strongly suggest that at minimum 2 individuals from each institution attend a specific seminar; you will be exploring how your process works and you will want to be able to discuss the process with your co-workers.
- Recommend that the Title IX Coordinator and/or Deputy attend with the investigators, appeal officer, police officers, hearing officer, etc. from their institution for the reason stated above.
NOTE: This seminar is approved for POST Certification credits.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, July 23
Presenter/Facilitator: Judy Spain, J.D., CCEP
Judy currently serves as the GICA Compliance Program Consultant. She is a tenured Professor, an attorney licensed in Kentucky, Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania, and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional. She served as General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer at Eastern Kentucky University and Manhattanville College, where she developed and implemented compliance programs. Judy is the author of the first book on higher education compliance, “Higher Education Compliance: Blueprint for Success”.
8/20/2019 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: ADA, Safety, and Emergency Evacuations
8/27/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Clery Act – Training and Reporting Requirements (Prevention,
Awareness, and Bystander Intervention)
9/10/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Compliance Program 101 – Compliance Matrix
11/5/2019 1:30 to 2:30 Minors on Campus
1/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 HIPPA Compliance within a University Hybrid Entity
2/4/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Title IX – Trauma Informed Investigation and Questioning
2/25/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Policy Management
3/24/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics
4/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: Public Accommodations
4/28/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Record Retention
Upcoming In-person Trainings
10/11/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training - Berry College
10/14/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Albany, GA
10/15/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Wesleyan College
10/16/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Oglethorpe University
10/17/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Reinhardt University
10/18/2019 1:00 to 4:30 Title IX Hearing Panel Member Training – Piedmont College
3/5/2020 to 3/13/2020 TBD – Individual School Trainings (upon request)